Doug's positive, on-going experience in Kenya!



I’ve been working with UN-Habitat in Nairobi, Kenya for just over three months now and it’s been a really great experience.  Being based at one of the UN’s four headquarter duty stations has been incredibly exciting (and somewhat sobering) as I get a real insider’s view of how the UN and its many agencies function on a day-to-day basis.  I’ve been given all sorts of interesting work to keep me busy and I’ve had the opportunity to collaborate with some really amazing colleagues from all over the world.  I’m really treated as part of the team and I’m building some series skills that will be of great use as my career progresses.

Nairobi is an incredibly fun city with plenty to keep me busy.  The food is great, the people are kind and the animals are adorable!  I’m looking forward to more and more adventures before my time here is up!

Comments