Faria Faiz's reflection on her UNICEF Internship in Geneva


Faria Faiz

Faria Faiz's reflection on her UNICEF Internship in Geneva 

Written by Faria Faiz

Thanks to the Choquette Foundation, my internship experience at UNICEF became even more extraordinary. The team in the Private Fundraising and Partnerships Division at UNICEF worked diligently and tirelessly to push for more rights protecting children and youth. The role in the Child Rights and Business division allowed me to connect and collaborate with colleagues in headquarters, national committees and country offices. I gained perspective from engaging in dialogue with colleagues from various backgrounds and experiences. 



I am grateful that foundations like the Choquette Foundation recognize and reward young professionals looking to gain experience in international development and diplomacy. Working directly with the Senior Adviser, I gained a multitude of skills and competencies, ranging from drafting briefing papers, concept notes, preparing and editing formal documents and communications, to planning and executing large, inter-organizational meetings. UNICEF's strong mandate, working to fight for the rights of children, combined with solid campaigns and strategies, made me appreciate the strong work ethic of my colleagues. The six months allowed me to understand and become familiar with the quality of work conducted by the United Nation as well as left me longing to learn and experience more.   




I am now a UN volunteer as part of the UNV program in FAO, Rome headquarters and thrilled, once again, to be a part of the UN network. I hope that, like at UNICEF, this experience will enrich me with the knowledge, awareness and drive to continue fighting for equality. Once again, thank you to Paul and the Choquette Family for providing interns with an incentive to continue engaging in fulfilling work.